SOLD OUT, thank you.
The unique musical project of JON LORD, founding member of DEEP PURPLE, CONCERTO FOR GROUP AND ORCHESTRA, feat. BRUCE DICKINSON will be prformed in April 2023 in OLOMOUC!
CONCERTO FOR GROUP AND ORCHESTRA, feat. BRUCE DICKINSON or Bruce Dickinson, supergroup and the Philharmonic Orchestra play not only Deep Purple hits – 2. 4. 2023 – OLOMOUC, Palacký University hall
April of next year will bring one huge musical treat! When we mention JON LORD's name, the hearts of all true rockers begin to tremble with excitement. When this founding member of the famous DEEP PURPLE decided to leave in 2002 after 34 years in the band, it surprised many fans, but Jon Lord, devoted to classical music, only wanted to devote himself fully to this passion and his solo projects.
One of them is CONCERTO FOR GROUP AND ORCHESTRA. This famous project was born in his head already at the end of the sixties, i.e. at the time of the most famous line-up of DEEP PURPLE (Jon Lord, Ian Gillan, Ian Paice, Richie Blackmoore, Roger Glover) and he even managed to realize it with the band very early on. It premiered in September 1969 in London, in the famous Royal Albert Hall with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
This piece of music is an excellent example of the perfect combination of classical music with rock's dynamic charge. JON LORD ended up gaining huge success worldwide with this project. On the 30th anniversary of the premiere, in 1999 the project was revived again at the Royal Albert Hall, in 2002 it was released on DVD and in 2011 it was revised.
Now you can look forward to this famous and completely unique musical project in the Czech Republic! Conducting by Paul Mann (who has been working in the project since 1999) and with the great voice of BRUCE DICKINSON (IRON MAIDEN) behind the microphone, on April 2nd, 2023, at the Palacký University hall in OLOMOUC!
Together with the Philharmonic orchestra, you can also look forward to such names as, in addition to the already mentioned Bruce Dickinson (vocals), Kaitner Z. Doka (Jon Lord, Ian Paice, Don Airey) - guitar, Bernhard Welz (Jon Lord, Don Airey) - drums, Tanya O'Callaghan (Whitesnake) – bass or John O'Hara (Jethro Tull) – keyboards.
Besides already mentioned Bruce Dickinson (on vocals) you can look forward to such names as Kaitner Z. Doka (Jon Lord, Ian Paice, Don Airey) - guitar, Bernhard Welz (Jon Lord, Don Airey) - drums, Tanya O'Callaghan (Whitesnake) – bass or John O'Hara (Jethro Tull) – keyboards and all this accompanied by the 78-member Bohuslav Martinů Philharmonic Orchestra Zlín.
18:30 doors open
20:00 start of the concert
Concerto For Group & Orchestra 1st Movement - (full orchestrated)
Concerto For Group & Orchestra 2nd Movement - (full orchestrated)
Concerto For Group & Orchestra 3rd Movement - (full orchestrated)
Break 20-30 min
Sarabande - (full orchestrated)
Bouree - (full orchestrated)
Jerusalem - full orchestration - Bruce Dickinson
Tears Of The Dragon - full orchestration - Bruce Dickinson
Perfect Strangers - (full orchestrated)
When A Blind Man Cries - (full orchestrated)
Hush - (full orchestrated)
Smoke On The Water - (full orchestrated)
- No money refund is possible once the ticket is paid.
- Ticket forgery is illegal and punished according to the law!
- Kid under 12 is allowed into area only when accompanied by an adult.
- Organizers take no responsibility for any health / personal belongings damages caused during show.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring drinks, plastic bottles, glass bottles, cans, seats, chairs, various footpads including polystyrene or wooden "cubes", as well as any weapons, knives, scissors, flag poles, umbrelas and other things classified by staff as dangerous! The organizer reserves the right to personal security check in a manner permissible by law at any time! Person refusing to consent to such check will be refused entry or escorted out.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring tape recorders or video cameras to the area! Violation of this rule could be classified as a crime!
- Taking photos is allowed only on compact cameras without additional lenses. Only accredited photographers and journalists are allowed to bring professional cameras onto the premises!
- Organizer and artists reserve the right to film, video and TV recording of concert shows and event atmosphere. Visitor recorded for the document may also be published without further notice with no financial compensation.
- The beer is tapped into reusable cups with eyelet for attachment. A refundable deposit is 50 CZK. Cups are exchanged within purchase of another beer or could be returned. Promotional cups can be also available in the event shop. But for hygiene reasons you don't receive beer into this cups which you bought in event shop.
- The only currency valid within the event area is CZK (Czech Crown). No dogs or other animals are allowed in event area!
- All visitors must respect these rules and instructions as well as those given out by organizers and security services!
- Ban of bringing beverages to the VIP balcony (if is availible). Except for beverages in sealable PET bottles. Please, lock your bags and coats up (if is availible).
- By entering the event, the visitor declares that he/she meets the conditions of the current government hygiene and anti-epidemic measures. Please follow czech covid portal. (https://covid.gov.cz/situace/kultura/kocnerty)
- The organiser reserves the right to give instructions to the event participants in order to maintain the safety and smooth running of the event, to change the conditions stated with immediate effect if necessary, to change the programme and its content, including the performers, in the event of unforeseen events such as weather conditions, accidents, health conditions of the performers, etc.
- The Organiser may order the evacuation of the venue (area) in case of suspected danger to the health of the participants or the Organiser's property, such as natural disaster, terrorist attack, without any compensation for damage or loss of profit to the participant