DREAM THEATER: TOP OF THE WORLD TOUR
26 May 2022 - Prague, Tipsport Arena
American band Dream Theater announces "Top Of The World Tour", which includes the presentation of their new album "A View From The Top Of The World", which they will present in Prague on 26.5.2022!
We will welcome musician Devin Townsend and his band as support.
TICKET PRICES FROM 1290,- TO 1990,- CZK
Dream Theater returns to the Czech Republic as part of their Top Of The World Tour, once again to Prague's Tipsport Arena, where they put on a great show in 2020 that received a standing ovation from the audience. On 26 May 2022, the band will be joined by James LaBrie (vocals), John Petrucci (guitar), Jordan Rudess (keyboards), John Myung (bass guitar), and Mike Mangini (drums), playing not only repertoire from their fifteenth studio album, A View From The Top Of The World, but also a selection of the best from their thirty-plus year career as progressive metal pioneers.
"I hope that when you hear this, you get the best of what Dream Theater has to offer," says Rudess. "We've tried to build a fundamental sonic experience. None of us slowed down. If anything, we're moving faster."
"Despite everything that's going on, it was meant to be positive," LaBrie clarifies. "We can't wait to get in front of everybody again and play these songs."
"Music has the power to speak to you on an emotional level," Petrucci lets slip. "If we connect emotionally with listeners through this record, I don't think we could ask for anything more."
Dream Theater shares a unique bond with one of the most passionate fan bases worldwide, as evidenced by two GRAMMY® Award nominations and 15 million records sold worldwide. 1992's Opus Images & Words was certified gold and made Rolling Stone magazine's prestigious "100 Greatest Metal Albums of All-Time" list. Guitar World placed the follow-up album Awake at number one on its "Superunknown: 50 Iconic Albums That Defined 1994" list. The 1996 album A Change of Seasons was notably the soundtrack to the downhill skiing broadcast at the 2002 Winter Olympics. In a 2012 Rolling Stone magazine poll, fans voted 1999's Metropolis Pt. 2: Scenes from a Memory "the best progressive rock album of all time". Not to mention, it was ranked as the "15th best concept album" in Classic Rock magazine's list. Consequence of Sound called 2016's The Astonishing an "utterly unique experience". In 2019, the band continued to expand their musical portfolio with the release of Distance Over Time, which garnered critical and commercial success.
Over the past 25 years, Devin Townsend, an acclaimed artist of harder music, has remained consistent. Consistent - that is, in that he is rarely consistent in what we have come to expect from him. He continually creates unique intersections through many different musical styles, and for nearly three decades he has followed his particular muse in whatever direction it leads him.
- No money refund is possible once the ticket is paid.
- Ticket forgery is illegal and punished according to the law!
- Children older than 3 need their own ticket. Kid under 12 is allowed into area only when accompanied by an adult.
- Ticket = wristband. With it you can leave and re-enter the venue at any anytime. Once you take it off or lose it, you will not be able to re-enter the venue! All persons without wristband on hand will be immediately taken out!
- Ticket for wristband exchange will take place at entrance to venue.
- Organizers take no responsibility for any health / personal belongings damages caused during show.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring drinks, plastic bottles, glass bottles, cans, seats, chairs, various footpads including polystyrene or wooden "cubes", as well as any weapons, knives, scissors, flag poles, umbrelas and other things classified by staff as dangerous! The organizer reserves the right to personal security check in a manner permissible by law at any time! Person refusing to consent to such check will be refused entry or escorted out.
- It is strictly forbidden to bring tape recorders or video cameras to the area! Violation of this rule could be classified as a crime!
- Taking photos is allowed only on compact cameras without additional lenses. Only accredited photographers and journalists are allowed to bring professional cameras onto the premises!
- Organizer and artists reserve the right to film, video and TV recording of concert shows and event atmosphere. Visitor recorded for the document may also be published without further notice with no financial compensation.
- The beer is tapped into reusable cups with eyelet for attachment. A refundable deposit is 50 CZK. Cups are exchanged within purchase of another beer or could be returned. Promotional cups can be also available in the event shop. But for hygiene reasons you don't receive beer into this cups which you bought in event shop.
- The only currency valid within the event area is CZK (Czech Crown). No dogs or other animals are allowed in event area!
- All visitors must respect these rules and instructions as well as those given out by organizers and security services!
- Ban of bringing beverages to the VIP balcony (if is availible). Except for beverages in sealable PET bottles. Please, lock your bags and coats up (if is availible).
- By entering the event, the visitor declares that he/she meets the conditions of the current government hygiene and anti-epidemic measures. Please follow czech covid portal. (https://covid.gov.cz/situace/kultura/kocnerty)
- The organiser reserves the right to give instructions to the event participants in order to maintain the safety and smooth running of the event, to change the conditions stated with immediate effect if necessary, to change the programme and its content, including the performers, in the event of unforeseen events such as weather conditions, accidents, health conditions of the performers, etc.
- The Organiser may order the evacuation of the venue (area) in case of suspected danger to the health of the participants or the Organiser's property, such as natural disaster, terrorist attack, without any compensation for damage or loss of profit to the participant